Next release of PortaMx

Started by Feline, 10 years ago

previous topic - next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Feline

*
10 years ago
We are near to the next big update ...  :)

Many, many things are fixed, updated, changed .. not less for the RC1 version of SMF.
But the greatest new .. we have added a new option .. called as "Single Pages" .. the first shot of a complete Article system  ::)
Pages are called with a name NOT with a id or else, simple called as forumurl/?pagename and (of course) a page can be any blocktype, ;)
Single pages can be merged with the frontpage blocks and placed before or after the frontpage blocks.

The Amin part is completly redesigned and have more option und feautures and is simpler to handle. Each block  have now a direct link to the blockedit if it enabled.

For a first look, I have add a lot of screenshots ...

Fel

[attachment deleted by admin]
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

antechinus

*
#1
10 years ago
Looks very nice. The new features sound excellent and calling the pages by name makes a lot of sense.
Using Internet Explorer 6 on the internet is like urinating in a public swimming pool.
It's rude, there's no excuse for it, and anyone who does it should be ashamed of themselves.

Cool

*
#2
10 years ago
wow...lot of work inside
|I Use: SMF 2.0.5 | PortaMx 1.51
Q: What do you do when you see a bear in the woods?
A: Play Dead!
H-A-H-L = Happy Admins Have Linux

codebirth

*
#3
10 years ago
Very very nice Fel!  ;D

c o d e b i r t h
http://codebirth.com/smf

Feline

*
#4
10 years ago
Quote from: antechinus, 10 years ago
Looks very nice. The new features sound excellent and calling the pages by name makes a lot of sense.

Yes .. and the best .. with ONE call, you can show more then one page .. simple give it the same name  ;)
In this situation, the order is given from the order you set.

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

codebirth

*
#5
10 years ago
Quote from: feline, 10 years agoYes .. and the best .. with ONE call, you can show more then one page .. simple give it the same name  ;)
In this situation, the order is given from the order you set.


Wow, that sounds very good! :D If a number could be added at the end of the page name and just ignore the numbers when you want to show all the pages that would almost be as a full category/article system  8)

Like

?sports1
?sports2
?sports3

would show individual pages and

?sports

would show all three sports pages  :P

c o d e b i r t h
http://codebirth.com/smf

VeNoMZiTo

*
#6
10 years ago
Nice, will be possible update from 0.952 to new release?

hartiberlin

*
#7
10 years ago
Super Feline !

Wann kommt es raus ? Noch heute oder morgen ?
Oder muss ich noch vorher die Bugs aus der 0.952 Version patchen ?

Kann die neue Version dann auch eine gepatchte oder ungepatchte 0.952
Version updaten ?

Vielen Dank.

Gruss, Stefan.

Feline

*
#8
10 years ago
Quote from: codebirth, 10 years ago
Wow, that sounds very good! :D If a number could be added at the end of the page name and just ignore the numbers when you want to show all the pages that would almost be as a full category/article system  8)

Like

?sports1
?sports2
?sports3

would show individual pages and

?sports

would show all three sports pages  :P

That is (of course) possible  8)
But the syntax is a little bit other ..

For example, you have the pages (name)
sports
sports_first
sports_two
sports_377

Now you get ALL pages with sports. and single pages with sports.first, sports.377 or sports
The dot is internal (by SMF) replaced with a underscore (_) ...

And more features on the pages..
The pages can of course used in the "Dynamic visibility options" on the custom actions ..
Here you can enter a pagename like @sport to show the block on page sports (or ^@sports to hide)
or similar to above ... @sport. or @sport.377

And but last not least .. in the panelsettings you have also a entry "Single Page" to hide a panel on Pages.

Simple and ease .. yeah  ;D

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

Feline

*
#9
10 years ago
Quote from: VeNoMZiTo, 10 years ago
Nice, will be possible update from 0.952 to new release?

It will be a "large" upgrade .. that mean, you have to uninstall older release before.
The database tables stay intact on uninstall and will be converted to the new release on install the new version.

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

Feline

*
#10
10 years ago
Quote from: hartiberlin, 10 years ago
Wann kommt es raus ? Noch heute oder morgen ?
Oder muss ich noch vorher die Bugs aus der 0.952 Version patchen ?

Kann die neue Version dann auch eine gepatchte oder ungepatchte 0.952
Version updaten ?

It comes, when it's ready  ;D  oder auch .. ich hoffe anfang februar.
Die vorhandene version muss deinstalliert werden, wobei allerdings die DB Tabellen erhalten bleiben.
Diese werden bei der Installation auf das neue Format konvertiert.

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

codebirth

*
#11
10 years ago
Quote from: feline, 10 years agoThat is (of course) possible  8)
But the syntax is a little bit other ..

For example, you have the pages (name)
sports
sports_first
sports_two
sports_377

Now you get ALL pages with sports. and single pages with sports.first, sports.377 or sports
The dot is internal (by SMF) replaced with a underscore (_) ...

And more features on the pages..
The pages can of course used in the "Dynamic visibility options" on the custom actions ..
Here you can enter a pagename like @sport to show the block on page sports (or ^@sports to hide)
or similar to above ... @sport. or @sport.377

And but last not least .. in the panelsettings you have also a entry "Single Page" to hide a panel on Pages.

Simple and ease .. yeah  ;D

Fel


Great! ;D

And we will also have block moderation so a group of members can be allowed to add new pages?  8)

c o d e b i r t h
http://codebirth.com/smf

Feline

*
#12
10 years ago
Quote from: codebirth, 10 years ago
And we will also have block moderation so a group of members can be allowed to add new pages?  8)

That is at the moment not possible .. a block moderator can only change smaller parts of a block.
Pages moderation needs more accessrights, checks and more .. I'm not shure if it's a good part and if I implemet that.

But you can create a usergroup similar to a admin .. with less then a full admin  ;)

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

antechinus

*
#13
10 years ago
This is the cleanest way to implement articles that I've ever seen. Jolly good stuff. :)
Using Internet Explorer 6 on the internet is like urinating in a public swimming pool.
It's rude, there's no excuse for it, and anyone who does it should be ashamed of themselves.

hartiberlin

*
#14
10 years ago
Hi Fel,

I now installed at www.overunity.de
these 4 fixes for
0.952

IE with the html block not work: -> https://www.portamx.com/issue/14.0/
Highslide and quotes in subject: -> https://www.portamx.com/issue/15.0/
https://www.portamx.com/issue/13.0/
https://www.portamx.com/news-and-updates/small-patch-for-portamx-0952/


Will the new version also see, that I already installed these fixes ?
As I also have the Sitemap MOD 1.3.0
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=755

and Download MOD 1.1.5
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=992

installed, I hope the new PortaMX version will
not destroy these during the uninstall process.

Many thanks.

Regards, Stefan.

Feline

*
#15
10 years ago
Quote from: feline, 10 years ago
Quote from: codebirth, 10 years ago
And we will also have block moderation so a group of members can be allowed to add new pages?  8)

That is at the moment not possible .. a block moderator can only change smaller parts of a block.
Pages moderation needs more accessrights, checks and more .. I'm not shure if it's a good part and if I implemet that.

Ok now .. I have implemeted a "Admin mode" for PortaMx moderators.

Scenario;
First create a new membergroup, and give the permission "based off regular member".
After create, edit the general permission for the group, enable "Moderate the PortaMx Block Manager"
See image 158

Second, in the PortaMx Manager Settings, enable the panels for which a moderator have admin rights.
See image 157

Now a moderator have full access to this panel, can create and modify any block in it.

In Panels they are not enabled for Admin access, the moderator have normal rights as given by the block settings. With this him can't delete, move, pos change .. only edit the content of a block.

I hope that helps for all peoples  ;)

Fel

[attachment deleted by admin]
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

Feline

*
#16
10 years ago
Quote from: hartiberlin, 10 years ago
Will the new version also see, that I already installed these fixes ?
As I also have the Sitemap MOD 1.3.0
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=755

and Download MOD 1.1.5
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=992

As I wrote .. the next release is a large upgrade. That need a uninstall PortaMx before apply the new version.
The tables are stay left on unistall and will be converted on install the new release.

I can't say if a problem with other mods, but if you have these instelled with PortaMx and have not problems, then the new relase will do also.

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

codebirth

*
#17
10 years ago
Quote from: feline, 10 years ago
Ok now .. I have implemeted a "Admin mode" for PortaMx moderators.

Scenario;
First create a new membergroup, and give the permission "based off regular member".
After create, edit the general permission for the group, enable "Moderate the PortaMx Block Manager"
See image 158

Second, in the PortaMx Manager Settings, enable the panels for which a moderator have admin rights.
See image 157

Now a moderator have full access to this panel, can create and modify any block in it.

In Panels they are not enabled for Admin access, the moderator have normal rights as given by the block settings. With this him can't delete, move, pos change .. only edit the content of a block.

I hope that helps for all peoples  ;)

Fel


Thanks Fel! That's perfect  8)

c o d e b i r t h
http://codebirth.com/smf

edi67

*
#18
10 years ago
great work feline really excellent  :)

andu

*
#19
10 years ago
Feline you are doing a grat job with this portal. It will be some of the best portals for dmf 2.0 for sure.

Powerbob

*
#20
10 years ago
Looks great, well done Fel 8)
*
My test Site;http://pplb.net/smf21/index.php
It's nice to be nice :)

Feline

*
#21
10 years ago
Yeah thanks .. the upcoming release have many, many  new features and functions ...  :D

Fel
Many are stubborn in relation to the way, but less in relation to the target.

Demon Slushy

*
#22
10 years ago
Can't wait looks sexy ^_^

andu

*
#23
10 years ago
Cooolll!!!  :D

* Shouts

Feline
5 months ago
Today we update our Forum to the Version 1.45
Feline
8 months ago
Today we update our Forum to Version 1.4
This release is full compatible with the EU GDPR
Feline
10 months ago
Update for PortaMx 1.54 ecl released.
With this updates the Portal works with PHP 7.x and SMF 2.0.15
Feline
10 months ago
PortaMx Forum 1.3
released !

*
Feline
a year ago
Today we switched to PHP 7.2 and activate Opcode caching.
Fast .. Very fast *
Feline
a year ago
Today we upgrade our old SMF 2.0 Forum to PortaMx Forum *

* Calendar

Su
Mo
Tu
We
Th
Fr
Sa
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28