Today I have added a new block ... the Shoutbox
You see it in the right panel.
You have settings for:
* The total number of shouts. If this value overflow, the oldest shouts are removed automatically.
* The max number of characters in a shout. Longer lines will cutted at the next near space.
* The max hight for the shoutbox (pixel), on owerflow scrollbars are shown.
* User can edit and delete his own shouts.
* Group access for can shout and for view.
The shoutbox save the shouts on the database (as serialized stream), and normaly you have nothing to Administrate on the shoutbox, because older shouts are removed automatically.
The shotbox itself have a editmode .. (you see a little icon on the lower right). If you click on this icon. the shoutbox is toggeled to editmode (or back). In the editmode you see two little icons right from the username. The first (pencil) ist the edit shout, the second (red X) is the delete shout.
As admin you see these icons on ALL shouts, a normal user only on his own shouts.
If you have not enabled the "User can edit", no user can edit or delete own blocks, the icons are not shown.
You can use the smileys in the shoutbox, but no html or bbc codes. For the smileys you have to enter the charcode .. example
Now I test the shoutbox a while ... I wait for many shouts
... before I develope the block.
I have added a lot of pictures from the shoutbox.
[attachment deleted by admin]