VBGamer was so kind to publish his patched OpenImporter for PortaMX so you can now import SMF 2.0.15
to PortaMX Forum 1.3
Well here is a short explanation how it works... ( at least the way it worked to import SMF into Elkarte, as I tested it before)
1. First you have to backup all the files and the database for safety.
Then move the SMF installation and all its files into a subdirectory of your domain,
2. then use the tool repair_settings.php from SMF to repair the path settings and the other settings,
as the SMF Forum now resides in the subfolder.
Make sure the SMF forum then still works fully from the path:https://domain.com/smf/
3. Install a fresh copy of PMX 1.3 into the root folder,https://domain.com/
into the same Database as used for SMF.
PortaMX will add its tables to the same database, that is used for SMF. Very important,
don´t use a different database...!
4. Now copy the OpenImporter Folder and its files into the https://domain.com/smf/
path ,so it looks like this:https://domain.com/smf/importer
5. Now go to your browser and call up:https://domain.com/smf/importer/import.php
and give it the pathes he wants to know and then start the conversion...
OpenImporter will then copy and convert the SMF tables into the PMX Tables
and thus import your content into PortaMX.
After it is done you have a database, that has both tables in it from SMF and PMX, so your
database is twice as big....
VBGamer said, you still have to fix some settings with the avatars, etc... but maybe he will tell us
soon exactly, how this has to be done...
So far my knowledge about OpenImporter... and thanks again to VBGamer to having released it.
He did a great job in helping me convert my forum.
Best regards, Stefan.